Deploy flash-backed Block Storage with customizable performance and sizes up to 12TB. Increase storage capacity available to your Quantic Dynamics Virtual and Bare Metal Servers with a maximum of 48,000 IOPs. Take advantage of snapshots and replication when provisioning with Endurance tiers—featuring simple, predefined, performance levels ideal for most general purpose workloads. Or, build a fine-tuned environment with allocated IOPS from Performance options—ideal for businesses with well understood performance requirements. Protect your data with provider managed, encryption for data at rest.
Block storage devices provide fixed-sized raw storage capacity. Each storage volume can be treated as an independent disk drive and controlled by an external server operating system. This block device can be mounted by the guest operating system as if it were a physical disk. The most common examples of Block Storage are SAN, iSCSI, and local disks. It is the most commonly used storage type for most applications. Block storage devices typically are formatted with a file system like FAT32, NTFS, EXT3, and EXT4.
- Block storage is ideal for databases since a DB requires consistent I/O performance and low-latency connectivity.
- You can use block storage for RAID Volumes, where you combine multiple disks organized through stripping or mirroring.
- Any application which requires service side processing, like Java, PHP, and .Net will require block storage.
- Stripe performance volumes together to achieve up to 6,000 IOPS to meet even the most demanding I/O requirements.
- Applications that have frequent reads/writes will benefit from the speed and consistent input/output of performance volumes.
- Running mission-critical applications like Oracle, SAP, Microsoft Exchange, and Microsoft SharePoint.
Control every aspect of your storage. Add block storage to your cloud environment in any of our 7 data centers today by ordering volumes to meet your needs. Choose from Endurance and Performance options.
Support a wide variety of app needs at your desired IOPS levels with simple, pre-defined, per-GB pricing tiers. Provision storage up to 12TB with a maximum of 48,000 IOPS. Meet business recovery objectives with non-disruptive, point-in-time snapshots and replication. Endurance tiers are ideal for businesses with moderately defined performance needs and open-ended IOP quantity independence.
- NoSQL databases: Provision performance LUN with specific IOPS to achieve specific read/write speeds.
- High-transaction workloads: Stripe performance LUNs together to achieve up to 48k IOPS for the most demanding I/O requirements.
- High I/O applications: Frequent read/write needs are met with the speed and consistent input/output of performance LUNs.
When data moves fast, ensure your persistent storage can keep up by selecting Performance block storage. Select the storage capacity you need—from 20GB to 12TB—and select the number of IOPS you want dedicated to your block storage volume.
- NoSQL Databases : Ideal for NoSQL databases because performance volumes can be provisioned with specific IOPS to achieve specific read/write speeds.
- High Transaction Workloads : Stripe performance volumes together to achieve up to 6,000 IOPS to meet even the most demanding I/O requirements.
- High I/O Applications : Applications that have frequent reads/writes will benefit from the speed and consistent input/output of performance volumes.